It was a smash!
We ended up going with Sabrina instead and after all these viewings I picked up on a new line. I can't imagine how I missed this one because it is TRES excellent!
“All columnists should be beaten to a pulp and converted back into paper!”
Now THAT is seriously funny!
Between that and the infinitely quotable line from LOST this week...............
"So what are you going to do? Beat me with your Jesus Stick?"......................
has left me with some keepers to add to my quote book!
And it's Trivia time...yes it is!
If you love Sabrina as much as I do, or are just a sucker for trivia...read on for these fascinating tidbits. You never know, you might be on Jeopardy one day and the DAily Double willl be Sabrina for $1000 and you will SMOKE it!
The original 1954. The remake 1995.
This was the second film in a row where Audrey Hepburn gets her hair cut as a symbol of maturity. The first was in Roman Holiday (1953). It is also the first of four films in a row where she'd play a character romantically linked with a man old enough to be her father. See below.
Co-stars Audrey Hepburn and William Holden fell in love during the making of this film, but Hepburn broke off the relationship on learning that Holden could not have children.
No matter what, Humphrey Bogart had to quit work at 6pm on the dot, because that was the time he started drinking his Scotch and sodas. If anyone tried to get him to work after 6pm, he would just walk away.
Finally, in 1954, when the movie was made Humphrey Bogart was 55 YEARS OLD!
Thanks to my friend Phil for sending those to me after our ladies night. (Who obviously knows how to do the linky thing - see post above. I am linky... and come to think of it, blinky challenged. But hey...I can flat out COOK!)
Yes, you heard me, we have an interloper in our midst. But he's trying to get in touch with his feminine side and he hosts it so we can be without darling little appendages, otherwise known as children.
And besides, one more male who can be brought over from the dark side to the light, well we considered it a public service actually!
next week?
An Officer and a Gentlemen!
2 comments:
I do love Sabrina. Both the original and the Harrison Ford one. If only they could put Harrison Ford together with Audrey Hepburn. Perfection!
I have An Affair to Remember if you want to borrow it.
Sounds like fun! I suck at trivia and I've never seen Sabrina. It shall go on my netflix list so at least I won't be a total failure!
Post a Comment