Friday, December 01, 2006

AE challenge - Lift



There are so many artists in the scrapping world who inspire me. but this one is kind of near and dear to my heart.

My mom was an English AND a Home Ec teacher at my local HS. The written word stuck to me like gum to a shoe. And the cooking thing...uhm...hello...food? need I say more?

But sewing? Sewing was this incredibly frustrating mountain that I just couldn't scale.

And then I was inspired by Ruth Akers and her work as a DT member at ScrapGal this past summer

And I finally DID it...I sewed...albeit on paper

But still....I think my mother and my grandmother, the quilt maker par execellence, smiled

2 comments:

Heather said...

It's beautiful, Lisa! Congrats on jumping that hurdle. I haven't scrapped in... gosh, I can't even remember. Before the school year...

Can't wait to see what you did in lieu of NaNoWriMo!

Corrie said...

Beautiful Lis! Love the serene colors, you always do a great job with the emotion of a layout- I can 'feel' the beauty of it.

And you look like a sewing pro, not a first timer! Go girl!